Friday, July 8, 2011

Health 423- 7/7 Health Reflection

For our final day in health, our class had microteaching and a discussion about the brain.  Our lesson involving a variety of tricks and games allowed me to begin thinking about how the brain works.  For example, I did not know that we only read the first and last letters of words when reading.  I similarly was amazed that I could read the jumbled paragraph you provided.  The first test with the checkerboard and two squares was also amazing.  I realized as you explained the "trick", that if I slide the windows to the left onto another set of seemingly black/white checkers then they were in fact different colors! (unlike the first two) I would have to better understand how this works before incorporating it into my own teaching, but I think kids would be fascinated.  The dragon illusion was also hilarious, I hope to make your video work at home so I can show students what it should look like. 

Thanks for a wonderful quarter, I wish we had you in Spring so we had more time!

Questions I still have:
 Can you post the video of our cohort doing the dragon exercise on our weebly?

No comments:

Post a Comment